Hey Everyone! We just wanted to let you know that today Swamp Bugs has been released to the public. You can check out our work at Swamp Bugs to see what we are up to. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow our Twitter feed if you want to keep in touch and help us spread the word. We will also provide Swamp Bugs Professional free of charge to any Gainesville business or group. Thanks!
Panel Discussion & Networking MixerHow I Sold My Tech CompanyTuesday, October 19Panel Discussion – 4:00-5:30 p.m.Networking Mixer – 5:30-7 p.m.Rsvp at MyGAIN / Pay $5 at the DoorEntrepreneur Panelists:Dr. Rahul RazdanFormer CEO of WiPower, acquired by Fortune 500 Corporation for an undisclosed sum.Randy ScottFormer CEO of NovaMin, acquired by GlaxoSmithKline for $135 million.Jeff LyonsFormer CCO of MindSolve Technologies, acquired by SumTotal Systems.You’ll learn about:• The BeginningHow…See More
Startup-Hour Gainesville's Happy Hour for Startup-Minded PeopleThursday, March 18, 20107:30pm - 9:30pmLocation: The PalominoEveryone, please bring one buddy who wasn't there last time and is into starting companies and building new products.Free (primo) beer until the keg runs out. You must be 21 to drink alcohol.The Palomino Pool Hall is in the big (old Pontiac) warehouse just west of the Hippodrome. The actual address is 19 SE 2nd Pl.This invitation is open to everyone, but Startup Hour is…See More
Ever thought about starting your own business? Do you have ideas for the next killer app? Have you already started and are now looking for funding, partners, employees, or interns? The Startup-Hour was created to bring young Entrepreneurs and veterans together in a friendly casual setting. (FREE BEER!)Come and mingle face-to-face with like-minded people in a chill atmosphere and fire up that entrepreneur within you.Free (primo) beer until the keg runs out.You must be 21 to drink alcohol.This…See More
Because the December mixer was so successful, we're doing it again! Come sample some fine wines and nibble on delicious appetizers at the GAIN Mixer on Tuesday, January 26. As a special treat, Wendy Kennedy will also be present and will share some insights into how to think more commercially about inventions and discoveries. Wendy is an internationally recognized trainer and developer of the "So What? Who Cares? Why You?" methodology now used in business incubators, universities and companies…See More
- ASIC Project Management and Budgeting
- VHDL ASIC/FPGA implementation of DSP digital integrated circuit systems
- Design-for-Test and ATE utilization
- Assertion based automated testbench development
- PCB design
- Mixed-Signal System Integration – RF/Analog system interface
- MATLAB Digital Systems – Specialty in fixed-point/real-time processing
- Agile Methodology
- Modern Marketing and Implementation Strategy
2008-2009 ToneRite, Inc.
2007-2008 Prioria, Inc.
Director of Advanced Digital Systems
- Team Lead on Multiple FPGA and ASIC Military Projects
- Proposed and secured government contracts for advanced digital IC research and development
2005-2007 Ocean Systems Engineering/Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SPAWAR)
San Diego, CA
Digital Systems ASIC Team Lead - Project I
- Team lead of a 90+ million transistor digital ASIC design
- Utilized IBM 8RF-LP 130nm technology
- Designed test plan and data sheet documentation for integration and manufacturability of 10,000 units
- Created universal PCB motherboard designs for use with ATE to increase test rate and accuracy of integrated circuits
Digital System Designer - Project II
- PCB development of micro size/power CPLD PN generator system
- Accomplished a total size of 15x15mm Flex PCB while using less than 30uA dynamic current
Digital Systems ASIC Team Lead - Project III
- VHDL development of a synthesiazable PIC16C57 based GPS data forwarding ZigBee sensor
- Assertion based automated test bench including a VHDL model of a ChipCon CC2420 ZigBee processor
- Utilized Sandia CMOS7 SOI technology
2004-2005 Dynamics Research Corporation/SPAWAR
San Diego, CA
DSP/Digital Systems Engineer
- Team lead of a digital design team in ASIC development of GPS acquisition and tracking system
for micro-power/size remote sensor with DSP co-processing hardware and ARM7TDMI-S microprocessor.
- Extensive VHDL development of digital DSP algorithms for low-power systems including assertion-based verification in ModelSim and Design-for-Test.
- Mixed-Signal integration of GPS test bed and demonstration system using RF/IF COTS, Maxim GPS
front-end and Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA .
- Produced a bit true fixed-point GPS simulator in MATLAB to estimate a hardware implemented system.
- Implemented an ADS/MATLAB link to simulate multiple GPS signals through an RF chain for estimations on oscillator phase-noise sensitivity, system proof-of-concept, and receiver power level requirements.
- Integrated a soft-core PIC16C57 microprocessor core into a Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA that is code-equivalent to the Microchip Systems hardware, thus allowing both software control and hardware acceleration in digital systems.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of GAINnet to add comments!
Hey Ryan! Glad to have you on GAIN-net! Congratulations on the success of Tone-Rite (NY Times mention)... That's awesome! Feel free to share with us your innovation/ entrepreneurial experiences via blog post or discussion board.