FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 21, 2017
Cox Business Announces Finalists for Get Started Gainesville Business Pitch Competition
Five local businesses to pitch a panel of experts for opportunity to win $20,000 in cash and prizes
Gainesville, FL – Cox Business is happy to announce the finalists of Get Started Gainesville taking place at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 3, at the Florida Museum of Natural History. More than 30 local businesses applied to pitch at the event. The following five businesses were selected as finalists and will pitch their ideas or business plans to a panel of experts in front of a live audience:
- BehaviorMe, Inc. – BehaviorMe is using virtual reality to teach functional living skills and basic skill acquisition to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and developmental disabilities. The situation-specific virtual reality simulations will provide behavioral specialists with virtual tools that will improve millions of lives around the world.
- Scubotics – SCUBOTICS is in the storytelling business. They believe that epic tales lie beneath the waves and are experienced by only those who are bold enough to take the plunge. It is their mission to ensure that these tales are never left behind.
- Cocovana – Cocovana is a tropical lifestyle company currently focused on creating innovative tools for opening coconuts. Cocovana’s first product, Coconut Twist, allows anyone to safely open fresh coconuts in seconds without creating a mess. It is the “can opener” for coconuts.
- AuxThera, LLC – AuxThera is an early stage commercial company focused on improving the health of companion animals through Trimauxil™, AuxThera’s flagship product. Trimauxil™ is a scientifically proven, veterinarian prescribed ‘supplemental use only’ dog food product that supports significant healthy weight loss.
- HealthSteps – HealthSteps is channeling our passion for technology into creating a digital solution to improve pediatric health. By connecting doctors, parents and family members through HealthSteps, we can improve medication adherence and reduce miscommunication in the home environment.
Each organization above will deliver a two-and-a-half-minute pitch to a panel of successful entrepreneurs and business experts. The panel will name a winner to receive a prize package valued at more than $20,000.
“Over 30 great start-up organizations applied for our third year of Get Stared Gainesville,” said Harbin Bolton, vice-president of Cox Business Florida/Georgia. “It was very difficult to narrow down to a list of five finalists. I’m excited about the five that were chosen and look forward to this year’s event.”
Local businesses and entrepreneurs not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in marketing, funding and business growth strategy. To register for this free event, visit www.getstartedgainesville.com.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.